What is OET?
- UK Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- the Nursing and Midwifery Councils of New Zealand
OET for Health Professionals
OET Delivery Modes
OET exams are delivered by two modes:
- OET on Paper at a Test Venue
- OET on Computer at a Test Venue
Candidates who opt for OET on computer at a test venue can only take up Reading, Listening, and Writing at the test venue. Whereas the speaking test can be taken at home via Zoom on a tablet or computer.
Requirements for the OET Exam
A valid email address
A valid identification document (Passport or National ID)
Passport-sized photo that meets the OET photo requirements
Visa or Mastercard credit card
How to apply for OET Exam?
ID proofs accepted by OET
National Government Issued ID: Any single form of identification issued by the national government in the country you are sitting the OET (this excludes driving license). ID must include their photograph, full name, and date of birth (DoB) - all these features must be recorded on one form of national ID.
OET Test Types
- OET Reading
- OET Writing
- OET Listening
- OET Speaking
OET Reading Structure
OET Reading Syllabus and Tips
OET Reading Part A
OET Reading Part A Tips and Syllabus
OET Reading Part B
OET Reading Part B Tips and Syllabus
OET Reading Part C
OET Reading Part C Tips and Syllabus
- The OET writing task involves writing a variety of letters. Some different letter formats in the writing task including, a letter of discharge, a letter of transfer, a letter to inform or advise a patient, or a group.
- The writing task varies from profession to profession. For instance, radiography professionals are tasked to respond to a written complaint.
Conciseness & Clarity
Genre & Style
Organisation & Layout
OET Listening Structure
OET Listening Tips and Syllabus
OET Listening Part A
Extracts from Consultation- 5 minutes each
OET Listening Part B
Healthcare workplace extracts- 1 min each
OET Listening Part C
A presentation extract - 5 minutes each
Appropriateness of Language
Resources of Grammar and Expression
Understanding and incorporating the patient’s perspective
OET Exam Fee in the Vietnam
To take all OET sub-tests: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking it costs around 1,00,16,654 Dong (AU $587) in Vietnam.
For taking up individual OET tests such as OET Reading or OET Listening, the following are the exam fee:
OET exam fee for all 4 tests
OET exam fee for any 3 tests
OET exam fee for any 2 tests
OET exam fee for 1 test
OET Scoring Guide
- Click on myOET profile to log in.
- Select the result button on your dashboard to access the results.
- View/download/print your OET results.
- You can view your section-wise results under the tab “MY TEST HISTORY”.