How Much Money Do You Need to Study in Canada?
Why Study in Canada from Vietnam?
Canada is a country with slick modern infrastructure, welcoming people, and a breathtaking natural environment unlike any other.
With over 9.9 million square kilometers of territory, Canada is the world's second-largest country, providing an astounding variety of activities and locations to visit for international students who study in Canada for Vietnam Student. It's also lush and green, accounting for 10% of the world's forest cover.
Having constantly been placed in the top 10 nations to live in since 1994, Canada offers the best study experience. It is also a welcoming environment for individuals of all nationalities.
The people of Canada are extremely friendly and hospitable. For a long time, people from various countries have been moving to Canada. As a result, Canada has a competitive advantage in terms of cultural diversity. Canada and Canadians value diversity and see it as a source of strength.
Cost of Living in Canada
The cost of living for international students in Canada can vary depending on the location, as well as your personal lifestyle and spending habits. It's important to budget for all of your expenses and to have a financial plan in place before you arrive in Canada.
Type of Expense
CAD 400 - CAD 600
CAD 100 - CAD 250
CAD 300 - CAD 400
CAD 600 - CAD 700
The Cost of Studying in Canada
Canada offers a world-class educational system that is taught in both English and French, the two most commonly spoken languages on the planet. Students at Canadian universities will also benefit from the best study in Canada experience, with cutting-edge research laboratories and career guidance.
Depending on the degree ofal cost to study in Canada from Vietnam for an undergraduate course is usually around CA$25,000 per year*. More expensive degrees, such as engineering and medicine, can cost up to $28,000 per year on average. Furthermore, there are numerous scholarships available in Canada to apply for if you wish to save money.
Study Expenses in Canada for International Students
The average cost of studying in Canada for international students and their average tuition fees range from CAD 25,000 - CAD 28,000 per year from undergraduate level to doctoral level degree courses.
Study Programme Level
Approximate Fees (in AUD) Per Annum
Accommodation Expenses in Canada for International Students
CAD 400 - CAD 700
CAD 8,000 - CAD 10,000
CAD 750 - CAD 950
Top Canadian Universities for Vietnamese Students
Cape Breton University
Mount Saint Vincent University
Ontario Tech University
Trinity Western University
University Canada West
University of Windsor
Vancouver Island University
Student Visa Requirements
A student visa to Canada allows you to study at some of the country's best universities. The application fee for a student visa in Canada is approximately 150 CAD, and the process for international students to obtain a student visa in Canada can take anywhere from 130 to 180 days. The following are the Canadian student visa requirements for acquiring a study abroad Canada permit and a Canada student visa.
- Become a student at one of Canada's universities or educational institutes.
- You must have no criminal record.
- Obtain a health check report to demonstrate your physical well-being.
- It is necessary to produce a valid passport or travel document.
- A document demonstrating your ability to pay for your living expenses and tuition.
Student Health Insurance to Study in Canada from Vietnam student?
It is advantageous for international students to obtain Canadian student health insurance, which is known for its government-funded healthcare services. Student health insurance is mandatory and international student health insurance in Canada must be maintained while studying in Canada.
International students are covered by provincial health insurance in some provinces in Canada. This could be offered for free or for a fee. In provinces where student health cover is not available, you will be expected to acquire private insurance through institutions. If this is not an option, you can enrol in a mandated health plan.
Canada Student Visa Process
- Choose an institution: First, you will need to choose an institution in Canada that you would like to attend. Make sure to research the program and the institution to ensure that it is a good fit for you.
- Apply to the institution: Once you have chosen a school, you will need to apply for admission. You will need to provide transcripts, test scores, and other documents as required by the school.
- Get a letter of acceptance: If your application is accepted, the school will send you a letter of acceptance. You will need this letter to apply for a student visa.
- Apply for a student visa: You will need to fill out a student visa application and submit it to the Canadian embassy or consulate in your home country. You will also need to provide documents such as your passport, a letter of acceptance, proof of financial support, and possibly a police clearance certificate.
- Attend a visa interview: You may be required to attend an in-person interview at the embassy or consulate as part of the visa application process.
- Wait for a decision: The visa processing time can vary, so it's important to apply as early as possible. Once your visa application is approved, you will receive a visa stamp in your passport.
- Prepare to travel: Once you have received your visa, you can start preparing to travel to Canada. Make sure to book your flight and make arrangements for accommodation and any other necessary travel arrangements.
Best Places to Study in Canada
According to a study performed by the CBIE (Canadian Bureau for Overseas Education), 60% of international students want to stay in Canada after graduation because of the benefits of studying in Canada. The reason for this popularity is that Canada's education system is world-renowned, and Canada is undeniably getting more popular as a study destination in recent years. The country has some of the greatest colleges in the world, attracting students who want to get a world-class education.
Also, it is not a fallacy to say that "Canadians are very friendly". Consider the fact that, since 1994, Canada has constantly placed among the top ten countries to live in.
Apart from academics, there is a lot to do in Canada, which is known for its culture and pleasant climate. Rich forests, crystal clear lakes, quaint snowy locations, and even ski slopes provide magnificent beauty.
The cities with the highest-ranking universities to study in Canada are:
- Quebec City is a city in Canada.
How Long is a Canadian Student Visa Valid?
- You may be able to extend your student visa if you need more time to complete your studies.
- You may be able to work while you study in Canada, but you will need to apply for a work permit. Your work permit will be valid for the same length of time as your student visa.
Top Courses to Study in Canada
Canada's educational excellence is well-known internationally. Students from all over the world prefer it. With 28 of Canada's universities listed among the top universities in the world by QS Rankings 2022, it's undeniably a great place for international students to study.
Furthermore, Canada's research and development efforts are prolific and constant, allowing the country to be recognised as one of the best study abroad destinations. Studying in Canada opens up a plethora of possibilities for you. One of them is the wide range of List of courses to study in Canada.
Here are a few of the most well-known:
- Business Administration
- Engineering Information Technology in Petroleum Engineering
- Medicine and Health
- Design of the Interior
- Journalism and the media
5 Conditions for Studying in Canada:
To study in Canada, you will need to meet certain requirements, including:
1. Obtaining a study permit: Most international students will need a study permit to study in Canada. You can apply for a study permit online or on paper.
3.Meeting language requirements: You may need to provide proof of your English or French language skills as part of your study permit application. This can be in the form of a language test (such as IELTS or TOEFL) or by providing transcripts from a previous academic program that was taught in English or French.
4. Having sufficient funds: You will need to demonstrate that you have enough money to cover your tuition fees and living expenses while you are studying in Canada. This may include providing proof of financial support from your parents or a sponsor.
5. Meeting other requirements: Depending on your country of origin, you may need to provide additional documents as part of your study permit application, such as a police clearance certificate or a medical exam. You may also need to obtain a visa to enter Canada.
It's important to carefully review the requirements for studying in Canada and start the process well in advance of your intended start date.
Entry requirements and a step-by-step guide to study in Canada
Canada has a stringent visa system in place, but we can help guide you through the process & Canadian student visa requirements and give you the best chance to study abroad in Canada and succeed.
- Register yourself by filling out the inquiry form on this page and get a free counselling session with our education counsellor. Get some insights based on your preferences.
- Apply to institutions with our help (we have great working relationships with Canadian universities)
- Sit for IELTS or any applicable examinations
- Receive institution offer letter
- Pay tuition fee
- Prepare & lodge visa documents
- Undergo medical & biometric examination
- Collect visa grant letter
- Pre-departure briefing
- Purchase of flight tickets & go!
Top 5 Reasons to Study in Canada:
- High-quality education - Canada is known for its high-quality education system, and its universities are consistently ranked among the best in the world.
- Diverse culture - Canada is a diverse and welcoming country. International students will have the opportunity to experience a unique blend of cultures.
- Affordable Fees - Tuition fees for Vietnamese students in Canada are generally lower than those in other countries, such as the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Work opportunities - Vietnamese students in Canada can work while they study, which can help offset the cost of their education and provide valuable work experience.
- Post-study work opportunities - After completing their studies, international students can apply for a work permit, which can provide a pathway to permanent residency in Canada.
International Student Scholarships to study in Canada
As more students express an interest in studying in Canada, the country now allows international students to work while studying there, as long as they follow certain regulations and criteria. International students will be able to apply for a variety of scholarships to study in Canada to assist them to support their studies.
The government of Canada and many post-secondary schools provide students with various sorts of scholarships to study in Canada, grants, or bursaries to help them pay for their studies. This attracts a big number of international students who want to study in Canada for better education and quality of life.
Here is a list of a few scholarships for international students to study in Canada.
- Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED)
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships
There are many reasons to study abroad, both personal and academic. But it is important to plan early, to make sure that studying abroad fits into your academic plan. Here are some tips:
- Start planning early - The sooner you start, the better.
- Research your curriculum - See how studying abroad can fit into your degree program.
- Find the right program. There are many options out there. Find one that suits your needs and interests.
- Look for research opportunities. Studying abroad can be a great opportunity to do research in another country.
There are many benefits to studying in Canada as an international student! You will have the opportunity to experience a diverse culture and high quality of life. This experience can lead to great career prospects, whether you stay in Canada or return home. At the very least, you will gain valuable skills and knowledge that will help you throughout your life
If you want to study at a Canadian university or educational institute, there are a few things you need to do. First, you must get admission into one of the universities of Canada. Second, you need to get a health check report to show that you are physically well. Finally, you will need to produce a valid passport or travel document. Additionally, you will need a document demonstrating your ability to pay for your living expenses and tuition.
The cost of studying in Canada as an undergraduate student can vary depending on the degree and university you choose. On average, most degrees will cost around CA$25,000 per year*. More expensive degrees, such as engineering and medicine, can cost up to $28,000 per year. However, there are many scholarships and financial aid options available to help offset the cost of tuition.
There are many different paths that an international student can take in order to study at a Canadian university without taking or passing the IELTS test. One easy way to start is by researching universities that do not make the IELTS mandatory. One option to improve your English language skills is to complete an online course and obtain a certificate. Some universities accept this type of certificate as proof of English proficiency. Or you could take tests such as the TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language, CAEL – Canadian Academic English Language, or CanTEST – Canadian Test of English for Scholars and Trainees.
Our Canada Student Placement Services
- Register With AECC Global By Filling the Enquiry Form On This Page And Talk With An Education Counsellor
- Apply To Institutions With Our Help (We Have Great Working Relationships With Many Canadian Universities)
- Sit An IELTS Or Any Applicable Examinations
- Receive Institution Offer Letter
- Pay Tuition Fee
- Prepare & Lodge Visa Documents
- Collect Visa Grant Letter
- Pre-Departure Services At AECC Global
Speak with our experts
To get in touch with our expert team, simply leave your details below and we’ll call you for a FREE consultation.
Speak with our experts
To get in touch with our expert team, simply leave your details below and we’ll call you for a FREE consultation.
What our students say about us
Don’t just take our word for it, check out what our satisfied students are saying about us
With the Master of Nursing Practice program, I will be able to fulfill my career goal. The program involves intensified clinical practice, which I believe is the best way to enhance one’s knowledge of the discipline. Activities which involve discussion of the global perspectives of nursing will equip me with knowledge to be a globally competitive nurse.
I will take Advanced Diploma of Information Technology at Southern Cross Education Institute as a continuation of the course I have studied here in the Vietnam that gained me a vocational education. I wanted to study this course because I know that what I will learn from their curriculum can be used to my advantage once I apply for a job in my home county or in Japan.
Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT), which offers a course in Early Childhood Education and Care. The institute has high quality education, which provides the most up -to-date techniques and effective teaching strategies, and I believe that is what I need to help me shape my career