Learn everything you need to know about USA Student Visa and get end to end expert guidance from us.
Turn your Study Abroad Dream to Degrees abroad in USA
Student Visa USA for Vietnamese Students
The land of opportunities and possibilities, the USA is consistently among the top study-abroad destinations for international students. Known for its inclusive culture, exciting social life and competitive environment, the USA breathes life into your aspirations and gives you the perfect setting to achieve your academic and career dreams.
And naturally, getting there is going to be a bit of a process - right from applying to the universities to getting your visa approved, you need to be prepared and aware in every aspect. To that end, let’s discuss in detail the student visa requirements, and we’ll let you in on the tips and hacks to get your visas approved without any hassles.
Overview of Aecc Vietnam's Student Visa Services
AECC Vietnam offers end-to-end student services to help aspiring students carve a career path in their dream destinations. From admission counselling, application process and visa requirements, AECC Vietnam is all about making your study abroad dreams a reality.
Here’s a brief overview of AECC Vietnam’s student services that would help make your study abroad journey hassle-free and memorable.
- Personality Assessment Test - A free Personality Assessment Test to help you determine the kind of person you’re and the line of career you’d excel in based on your personality traits and aspirations.
- Admission Counselling - A meeting with our expert counsellors will clear your confusion away and help you decide on the right course program based on your interests.
- Student Accommodation - Finding a place to stay in a foreign country could be daunting and expensive too. That’s why our expert consultants have it all studied and explored for you to help you choose the best option based on your affordability and convenience.
- University Scholarships Guidance - Scholarship is a golden ticket for aspiring students to study at the best universities in the USA. The US government and American universities offer over 1100 plus scholarships and bursaries to promote and encourage international students to pursue their education in the USA. Our expert counsellors could offer you a list of scholarships that are the most suitable and beneficial for your study goals.
- University Application Process - The application process is a tricky one requiring a whole slew of document preparation and submissions and all within a specific deadline! Now, with our expert education consultants at AECC Vietnam, the whole process will be a cakewalk.
- Overseas Student Health Cover - Our team will give you a comparison of the different plans and help you choose a suitable health cover.
- International Student Visa Guidance - Now, for the literal golden ticket, AECC’s team of visa counsellors will lay the plan for you to prepare the necessary documents, attend visa interviews and get your visa approved in time.
- Virtual Internships - AECC’s strategic partnership with Virtual Internships provides students with the experience, knowledge, and insight to seamlessly navigate their career path while pursuing their college/university education.
Benefits of Studying in the USA
Studying in the USA would be a dream come true for international students. Here are some key advantages of pursuing education in the USA:
- Academic Excellence: The USA is renowned for its world-class education system and prestigious universities. It offers a wide range of academic programs and disciplines, allowing students to pursue their interests and goals with diverse and high-quality course options.
- Global Recognition: A degree from a US institution holds global recognition and is highly regarded by employers worldwide. Graduating from a US university can enhance your career prospects and pave the way for international job opportunities.
- Research Opportunities: The USA provides extensive research opportunities for students. Its universities are at the forefront of innovation and offer leading-edge facilities, laboratories, and resources. Students can engage in groundbreaking research, work with leading professors, and contribute to advancements in their fields.
- Cultural Diversity: Studying in the USA offers exposure to a vibrant and multicultural environment. Universities in the USA attract students from all over the world, creating a diverse community where you can interact and collaborate with peers from different cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives. This multicultural experience nurtures global awareness, cross-cultural communication skills, and a broader worldview.
- Skill Development: US universities emphasise holistic education, encouraging the development of critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills. The interactive and participatory learning environment fosters creativity, innovation, and effective communication skills, which are highly valued in the global job market.
- Personal Growth and Independence: Studying in the USA offers a chance for personal growth and independence. Living away from home in a new country, students develop resilience, adaptability, and self-reliance. It provides an opportunity to explore new interests, gain a deeper understanding of oneself, and foster lifelong friendships with people from diverse backgrounds.
Student Visa Process for the USA
Obtaining a student visa is an essential step for Vietnamese students aspiring to study in the United States. This guide provides detailed steps, essential documents, financial criteria, proof of funds, and language requirements for a successful visa application.
- Research and Choose a Program: Explore educational institutions and programs that align with your interests and academic goals.
- Apply to SEVP-Certified School: Submit your application to a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified U.S. school and obtain an acceptance letter.
- Pay the SEVIS Fee: Pay the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee through the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) website.
- Complete the DS-160 Form: Fill out the Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160) form online and submit it. Retain the confirmation page for the interview.
- Schedule and Attend the Visa Interview: Make an appointment with the U.S. embassy or consulate in Vietnam for a visa interview. Ensure to bring a printed copy of your appointment letter, your DS-160 confirmation page, one recent photograph (taken within the last six months), your current and all old passports, and the original visa fee payment receipt. Applications without all of these will risk getting rejected.
- Pay the Visa Application Fee: Pay the non-refundable visa application fee before the interview.
Required Documents for Student Visa in the USA
Documents demonstrating strong financial, social, and family ties to your home country that will compel you to return to your country after your program of study in the United States ends.
- Financial and any other documents you believe will support your application and which give credible evidence that you have enough readily-available funds to meet all expenses for the first year of study and that you have access to funds sufficient to cover all expenses while you remain in the United States.
- Original copies of bank statements or original bank books.
- Academic documents, including school transcripts (original copies are preferred) with grades, public examination certificates (A-levels, etc.), standardised test scores (SAT, TOEFL, etc.), and diplomas to prove your academic capabilities.
- Prepare documents such as bank statements, scholarship award letters, or sponsor letters indicating sufficient funds.
- Show evidence of financial stability and the ability to cover tuition fees, accommodation, living expenses, and any dependents.
- Provide clear and accurate information about the source of funds, whether from personal savings, scholarships, or sponsorships.
English Proficiency Tests for USA Student Visa
English proficiency is often required for admission to U.S. educational institutions.
- Commonly accepted English language tests include TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
- Check with your chosen educational institution regarding their specific language requirements and accepted tests. Generally, a minimum overall band score of 6.0 to 7.0 is required for undergraduate programs. For graduate programs, the minimum score typically ranges from 6.5 to 7.5, with some programs requiring higher scores.
- For undergraduate programs, a minimum score of 61 to 80 on the internet-based TOEFL (iBT) is often required. Graduate programs generally require a minimum score of 79 to 100 on the TOEFL iBT.
- While TOEFL and IELTS are the commonly accepted tests, most universities also accept PTE scores. For undergraduate programs, a minimum overall PTE Academic score of 50 to 65 is often required. Graduate programs generally require a minimum score ranging from 58 to 79 on the PTE Academic.
- Prepare by taking the required English language test and submitting the test scores as part of your application.
Studying in the USA is more than just an academic dream. For many, it’s a lifestyle choice. Therefore, it’s necessary that you plan ahead and choose a course program that would support your career dreams and personal goals.
AECC Vietnam has the right kind of student support services to help you dot the lines and carve out a path of your own. Our expert counsellors will help you analyse your interests and aspirations to help you make the right decision.
Frequently asked questions
Studying in the USA offers several advantages, including access to world-renowned universities and research facilities, diverse academic programs, extensive networking opportunities, a multicultural environment, quality education, and potential career prospects.
Commonly required documents for a student visa application to the USA include a valid passport, acceptance letter from a U.S. educational institution, SEVIS fee payment receipt, DS-160 confirmation page, financial documents, academic transcripts, English language proficiency test results, and photographs.
In most cases, students on an F-1 visa in the USA are eligible to work on-campus during their studies. Optional Practical Training (OPT) may also be available for eligible students after completing their degree program, allowing them to work off-campus in a field related to their studies.