The Rules for Australia Student Visa (Subclass 500) in 2022:
Your study abroad plan in Australia depends on a number of crucial elements in addition to selecting a university and course. This includes the prompt completion of the application procedure, strong performance on competitive tests, receipt of an acceptance letter from an Australian university, etc. Another important thing is securing a study visa. You must apply for a SUBCLASS 500 visa, generally known as the Australian Student Visa, in order to study in Australia.
Here is a blog that will provide you with a thorough description of the requirements, application procedure, necessary paperwork, etc. for acquiring this visa!
What does a Subclass 500 Visa entail?
International students must hold an Australian student visa and study in Australia:::
in order to enrol in either a lengthy degree programme or a brief diploma programme. Candidates must apply for Subclass 500 of all Visa classes in order to pursue higher education. The categories of study covered by the visa are listed below:
- Vocational training and education
- University education
- Schools, both primary and secondary
- English language intensive courses for postgraduate resea
Eligibility criteria for student visas in Australia (student visa 500 checklist )
There are some common requirements that you must meet if you plan to apply for a study in Australia. If you don't meet these requirements, you might not be able to pursue higher education in the country.
Let's look at the prerequisites for an Australian study visa:
- Candidates must be at least 16 years old.
- You have to be registered for a course of study at an approved institution. You will need to provide proof for the same.
- Requirement for Genuine Temporary Entrants (GTE).
- You have to pass English proficiency exams like the IELTS test in Vietnam student.
- Have the means to pay for your education (Financial requirements).
Some other prerequisites related to character and health Australian study visa:
- Should have sufficient health insurance.
- The age requirement for a Student Visa for Australia is 18 years old. If a candidate is under the age of 18, they must describe how adequate their welfare is (not required for applicants above 18 years of age).
- Should not be in possession of another visa type.
- You must be a temporary participant who plans to reapply once the programme is over.
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Should provide results of a criminal history check.
student visa australia
Australia student visa processing time
At least six weeks before the start of the course, you must begin the application procedure for your Australian student visa. Make sure you apply as soon as possible because the procedure could take some time to finish.
Refer to the steps listed below for guidance on the Australian Study Visa process:
How apply for australian study visa for vietnamese student:
STEP 1: Visit the official website and create your account.
STEP 2: Fill up the application form corresponding to theAustralian student visa 500
STEP 3: Once you have filled in the details, you will be required to upload necessary documents like a copy of the passport, etc.
STEP 4: You will receive a unique transaction number for your application through which you can check the status of your application.
Required Documents for an Australian study visa for study in australia:
The following are some of the crucial documents that applicants for an apply for australian study visa must submit:
- A current passport
- Completed application for an Australian student visa (157A)
- Evidence of enrolment in a college or university
- True Temporary Entrant (GTE) declaration
- Transcripts from both college and work
- Your English language test results sheet
- Specifics of the health insurance plan
- Passport-sized photos
- Evidence that money is available (to cover the cost of living and other expenses such as the tuition)
How much does the Australian student visa 500 cost?
For the main applicant, the cost of the Student Visa 500 is around AUD $620. There will be fees for each family member who applies for a visa. You must pay the Australian study visa fees as an overseas student in accordance with the categories indicated below:
|Visa Subclass||Base Application Charge||Additional Applicant Charges if 18 Years or Above||Additional Applicant Charges if Less than 18 Years||The Subsequent Temporary Application Charge|
|Student Visa (Subclass 500)||AUD $630||AUD $460||AUD $150||AUD $700|
|Student Visa (Subclass 500) (Subsequent Entrant)||AUD $620||AUD $460||AUD $150||AUD $700|
|Student Visa (Subclass 500) – Postgraduate Research Sector||AUD $620||nil||nil||nil|
1)How long does it take to process a Student Visa 500?
Depending on the sector for which you are applying, processing times may change. Check out how long it takes for processing in various industries.
2)Australian study visa Validity
The applicants will be permitted to enter and exit Australia once they have been granted a student visa. The candidates will be permitted to stay in the nation for around 5 years with this temporary visa. Additionally, the chosen curriculum will determine the real duration. Once the training begins, visa holders will also be permitted to work 40 hours every two weeks.
3) Employment privileges while studying in Australia
You can work up to 20 hours per week or 40 hours every two weeks with the student visa 500. You'll be able to start working part-time once the training starts. However, during the academic school year, foreign students registered in ACT public schools are only allowed to work a maximum of 10 hours per week.
4) Working in Australia after Graduation
Students who have earned a degree in Australia are qualified for a unique work visa, and Australia continues to have a significant need for foreign workers. For international students, there are a variety of different visa categories available, and Australia has a straightforward points-based system for acquiring permanent residency. After graduating, you must apply for and be granted a work visa if you intend to remain and work in Australia.
5) Dependants with a Student Visa
In most cases, a student visa will allow you to bring close family members as dependants. You can also bring your dependent child who is unmarried and has not turned 18 years old.
6) Health Insurance for your Student Visa 500?
During your stay in Australia, you and your family must be protected by Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) from an authorised Australian health insurance provider. If you're not sure which student health insurance to purchase, we have already done the legwork of vetting reputable companies. You can assess OSHC providers and request an estimate right away. To establish the duration of coverage you require, please refer to the grant periods for student visas.
7) Extension of Australian student visa
If you would like to continue studying in Australia, you must apply for a new student visa. Speak with our expert counsellors to determine which new visa you'll need to suit your circumstances.
To learn more about the Australian educational system and how it is supported by the highest academic standards, get in touch with Our vietnamese counselling! Join your favourite university to achieve all your career goals.